BRITISH KEBAB AWARDS
The Kebab Alliance is a supporter of the British Kebab Awards which are run in association with Just Eat to recognise and champion the efforts of local kebab takeaways and restaurants across the nation. Fans of their friendly neighbourhood kebab takeaways and restaurants can claim they truly do have Britain’s best kebab takeaway and restaurant by voting for them in the British Kebab Awards.
Celebrating the best in the kebab industry
The British Kebab Awards is a true celebration of our industry, which naturally draws key figures from all sections of the takeaway and restaurant sector. As a reflection of the kebab industry’s significant contribution to the UK economy and British culture in general, the awards welcome a host of celebrities, prominent politicians, journalists and most importantly the nation’s hard-working restaurant workers for an evening of celebration.
Last year 1,200 guests attended the awards, including 110 MPs and Lords. The Chef of the Year was Hamza Yalcin whilst th.e Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year went to the Mantl in Knightsbridge.
Now in their ninth year, judges for the 2021 awards include:
- Steve Turner is Assistant General Secretary at Unite the Union
- Mazlum Demir is the executive chef and owner of North London, fine dining restaurant Skewd
- Samson Sohail has been working with Cobra Beer
- Ash Sarkar is a British journalist and political activist. She is a senior editor at Novara Media
- Joanne McCartney, Deputy Mayor of London
- Nadhim Zahawi, Minister for Covid Vaccine Deployment
- Mike Theodorou, Director, Big k Charcoal Ltd
- Anoosh Chakelian, Britain Editor, New Statesman
- Darren Brown, Sales Director, Makro/Booker